Dance Writing and Discussions
Here are some things to keep in mind while using the forum:
We have created common categories that the dance community has indicated would be useful. If you’d like to see another category listed please email us with your suggestion and we will consider it. Categories include:
- Dance Writing and Discussion: For articles or stories you have written or read that you'd like to discuss.
- Job Opportunties - Paid: This includes opportunities for teaching, choreographing, performing, dance administration jobs, front desk jobs etc.
- Opportunities - Unpaid: Internships, volunteer opportunities, or other unpaid dance related work.
- Dance Medicine Library: Curated by the Dance Wire Dancer Health Network, a library of information relevant to dancer health.
- Collaborations: Need a musician, body painter, costume artist? Seek collaborations here.
- Rehearsal/Performance/Event Space: Post here if you are either looking for or have space to offer.
- Introduce Yourself: New to town or just wanting to say hi?
- Dance Gatherings: Post or discover open movement jams, hooping lessons at the park, etc.
- General Discussion: This is for anything dance related.
Keep Personal Opinions Under Control
Each person has their own unique experience and Dance Wire believes that there is something for everyone here. Yelp and other sites are places you can go to write reviews. This forum is intended to help each other solve problems, gain new insight, and be supportive so we can see the entire dance community grow and prosper.
Keep it Positive
There are people who will use any platform out there to dump their negativity out. The Dance Wire forum is not that platform.
Keep it Helpful
This IS a place to reach out to the dance community if you have a related question. No one can be an expert at everything so ask for help when you need it, and offer up help when you have wisdom to share. Interacting will naturally build your connections and expland your opportunities.
Keep it Legit
It’s a small world, represent yourself well!
Sponsored by Anatomy Acupuncture